Fitts Park Construction Update
Fitts Park has restricted access due to construction of a park expansion and Mill Creek Trail.
Access from Front Avenue is closed. Please enter and exit from 500 East.
Construction Activities upcoming in May include
1. Moving irrigation lines to make room for Mill Creek trail between 400 E to 500 East
2. Pouring conrete trail segments on next to bridge
3. Installing concrete park lighting foundations on east side
4. Placing asphalt trail and driveway on west side
Construction itmes completed in May construction items:
1. Installing the pedestrian bridge to connect to the park expansion area
2. Installing buried electrical lines and foundations for new park lighting
3. Forming concrete foundations for park light poles
Construction Activities planned for June include:
1. Paving Mill Creek Trail between 300 E and 400 East
2. Building park amenities (playground, bike course, fitness course)
Thank you for your patience during construction.
If you have questions, please contact:
Bill Knowles, Community Ombudsman 801.580.2626
Mayor Cherie Wood 801.464.6771